For the duration of Exercise Maple Flag 39, additional security measures will be implemented at 4 Wing Cold Lake. Starting 12 May 06, the most noticeable change for persons wishing to access the Base will be the requirement for individuals 16 years of age or older to:
· present identification for inspection at the Main (or Front) and Back gates and
· submit to random vehicle, property and/or person searches
Main (or Front) and Back Gate Access Control
As a condition of entry onto the Base through the Main (or Front) and Back gate, all individuals 16 years of age or older must be in possession of one of the following four types of personal identification:
1. Military/DND/CF issued identification, which includes
· NDI 10 – Temporary Identification Card
· NDI 20 – Canadian Forces Identification Card
· NDI 21 – Civilian Identification Card
· NDI 30 – Allied Force Identification Card
· NDI 31 – Dependant Allied Force Identification Card
· NDI 50 – Military Police Identification Card
· NDI 60 – Geneva Convention Identification Card
· NDI 61 - Persons who Accompany the Canadian Forces Identification Card
· NDI 75 – Record of Service Identification Card
· DND 2262 – Military Family Identification Card (all Dependant spouses and dependant children 16 years of age or older should have this card)
· CF 1121 Ordinary Pass
· Military identification card of a visiting force
2. Recognized Federal/Provincial/Municipal identification, which includes
· Government of Canada – Defence Construction Canada identification
· RCMP identification
· Canadian Border Security Agency (Customs) identification
· Canadian Air Transportation Security Agency (CATSA) identification
· Alberta Natural Resources (Conservation) identification
· Alberta Forestry identification
· MD of Bonnyville By-law enforcement identification
· City of Cold Lake By-law enforcement (Town Constable) identification
3. 4 Wing recognized identification, which includes
· Corps of Commissionaires identification
· 4 Wing Community card (must be presented along with Government issued photo identification*)
· Palm Springs Golf Club card (must be presented along with Government issued photo identification*)
4. A valid 4 Wing Issued Visitor Pass (in conjunction with Government issued photo identification*).
Persons wishing to access the Base but who do not possess any form of identification listed previously in paragraphs 1 to 3 must report to the Visitor Centre, which will be established at Heritage Park near the Base’s Main gate. Persons requesting a Visitor’s Pass must possess Government issued photo identification and must identify a valid reasons for access the Base. Typical purposes include:
· Visit to aircraft viewing area
· Business on 4 Wing
· Visit to Canex, Col JJ Parr Recreational Centre, Northern Spirit Leisure Centre
· Visit to PMQ resident
A Visitor Pass must be issued to each individual 16 years of age or older who does not possess any form of identification identified in paragraphs 1 to 3 unless, persons will remain together as a group while on the Base and in that case, one group Visitor Pass may be issued. Visitor Passes may be issued for any length of time up to and including 7 days.
Base Access Not Permitted
Visitors 16 years of age or older will be denied access to the Base if they:
· are not in possession of Government issued photo identification*
· do not submit to a search
· do not have a reasonable purpose for accessing 4 Wing
Validation on 4 Wing
All forms of identification listed previously in paragraphs 1 to 4 may be subject to inspection on demand of a member of Wing Security at anytime and anywhere on the Base.
Military Dependants (especially those who live in PMQs)
It is highly recommended that Military dependants 16 years of age or older get a DND 2262 – Military Family Identification Card. The process to have this form of identification issued begins with the military member reporting to their Unit Orderly Room for the necessary staffing to be started. The card will ultimately be issued by the MFRC on the Wing.
Non-Military Residents of PMQs
Non-military residents of MQ and military residents who share their dwelling with family members or friends who are over the age of 16 (but do not qualify as family members for the purpose of DND 2262 Military Family Identification Cards) are to report to CFHA to apply for a CF 1121 – Ordinary Pass.
* Government issued photo identification – this is photo identification issued by any level of government:
Foreign - passport
Federal – including passport, Firearms license etc.
Provincial – Drivers Licence, etc.
Municipal – Municipal employee identity card, school issued student identity card etc.
News & Events - News Room
Archives - Maple Flag
Access to 4 Wing Cold Lake During Ex Maple Flag 39 – 12 May to 27 Jun 06
May 7, 2006