Call for Submissions
for The Royal Canadian Air Force Journal
Spring 2013 Issue - Deadline: 30 January 2013
THE ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE JOURNAL welcomes the submission of articles, book reviews and shorter pieces (which will be published in the Letters to the Editor, Points of Interest and Pushing the Envelope sections) that cover the scope of air force doctrine, training, leadership, lessons learned and air force operations: past, present or future. Submissions on related subjects such as ethics, technology and air force history are also invited.
|Letter to the Editor
||Commentary on any portion of a previous Journal.
||Written in academic style.
Written in academic style and must include:
- the book’s complete title (including sub-title);
- the complete names of all authors as presented on the title page;
- the book’s publisher, including where and when it was published;
- the book’s ISBN and number of pages; and
- a high resolution jpeg file (at least 300 dpi and 5 by 7 inches) of the book’s cover.
|Point of Interest
||Information on any topic (including operations, exercises and anniversaries) that is of interest to the broader aerospace audience.
|Pushing the Envelope
||Forum for commentary, opinions and rebuttal on Journal articles and/or issues that are of interest to the broader aerospace audience.
* Exclusive of endnotes
Authors are asked to note the following guidelines
- Submissions may be made in either official language.
- Authors must include a brief (one paragraph) biographical sketch which includes current appointment/position, telephone number, and email address. Please include all professional and academic designations as well as military decorations.
- Selected articles that have been peer reviewed have a to the left of the title.
- The Senior Editor will notify contributors on the status of their submission. It may not be possible to publish all submissions.
- All text submissions must be digital, in Microsoft Word or rich text format. Files must not be password protected and must not contain macros. Files may be submitted by mail or email at the addresses provided below.
- All supporting tables, images and figures that accompany the text should be sent in separate files in the original file format (i.e., not imbedded in the text). Original vector files are preferred; high resolution (not less than 300 dpi) .psd or .jpg files may be submitted.
- Authors are now required to provide “alternate text” with detailed description for all figures. Not to be confused with captions, which are still needed. Right mouse click over your illustration and select “format picture” <select “Web” tab> insert “Alternative text:” and click “OK”.
- Copyright permissions are required for all material that is not Department of National Defence or author originated. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain and submit the necessary written permissions which must include the author’s/artist’s name as well as the publisher’s name and location. Any material not meeting these requirements may be omitted from the article.
- The Senior Editor may select images or have graphics created to accompany submissions.
- Authors should use Oxford English or Petit Robert spelling. When required, reference notes should be endnotes rather than footnotes and formatted in Chicago style. For assistance refer to The Little, Brown Handbook, Le guide du rédacteur, or CFAWC Production Section at CFAWCProd@forces.gc.ca
- Acronyms and abbreviations should be used sparingly:
- If they are required in the text, the term is to be written out in full the first time it is used and then followed by the abbreviated form in brackets.
- If they are required in tables or figures, each table and figure will contain a list of abbreviations.
- A list of all abbreviations (and their terms) used in the text will be included at the end of each submission.
- The Senior Editor reserves the right to edit submissions for style, grammar, and length, but will not make editorial changes that will affect the integrity of the argument without consulting the author.
Spring Issue - 30 January
Summer Issue - 30 April
Fall Issue - 31 July
Winter Issue - 30 October
For further information or to make a submission please contact the Editor at:
Canadian Forces Aerospace Warfare Centre
8 Wing Trenton
Box 1000 Stn Forces
Attn: Major William March
Opinions expressed in the Journal remain those of the author and do not represent Departmental or Canadian Forces policy. Doctrine, training and other material published in the Journal does not represent authority for action on that particular topic. All published material remains copyright of the Department of National Defence and may not be used without written permission.