436 Transport Squadron

Squadron Badge

Significance: The squadron operated as a transport unit from a base in India during the Second World War and adopted this badge and motto to symbolize its functions.

436 Transport Squadron (TS) was formed in India during World War II late in 1944. Equipped with the C-47 Dakota, the Squadron's role was to supply troops and materiel to the allied 14th Army in Burma.

Proud of our heritage and past achievements in air transport, we currently fly the "workhorse" of the transport fleet - the venerable CC-130 Hercules Aircraft.

Living up to our motto "Onus Portamus" ("We Carry The Load"), we are tasked with carrying personnel and materiel on a global response basis, prepared to deliver 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Tactical flying is an equally important part of our mission. The skills associated with aerial delivery of troops and equipment by parachute or delivery of humanitarian aid to isolated and austere locations are increasingly sought after, as part of Canada's contribution to operations under the auspices of the United Nations.

The Squadron flew over 5,000 hours in strategic and tactical airlift roles throughout the world last year. 436 TS is comprised of 84 aircrew and support personnel.

Motto

ONUS PORTAMUS (We carry the load)

History

The complete squadron history can be found on the Department of National Defence's Directorate of History and Heritage webpage.

Our Contact Details

436 Transport Squadron
8 Wing Trenton
P.O. Box 1000, Stn Forces
Trenton, Ontario K0K 3W0

Squadron Operations: (613) 965-3687
Fax: (613) 965-7275