In this Section
441 Tactical Fighter SquadronMotto:
STALK AND KILL
Argent a silver fox's head affronté caboshed proper.
Defence of Britain 1945, Fortress Europe 1944, France and Germany 1944-1945, Normandy 1944, Arnhem, Walcheren
Absorbing 125 Fighter Squadron, 441 Fighter Squadron was formed on 20 April 1942 at Digby, England. They were based in England, France, Belgium and returned to England where they were disbanded on 7 August 1945. 441 reformed at RCAF Station St. Hubert on 1 March 1951 and went to 1 Wing North Luffenham on 13 February1952. They then went to 3 Wing Zweibrucken on 21 December 1954, and then to 1 Wing Marville on 1 April 1955. They deactivated at Marville on 1 September 1963 and reactivated as 441 Strike/Attack Squadron on 15 September 1963, then moved with 1 Wing to Lahr on 1 April 1967. In 1971, the squadron moved to CFB Baden-Soellingen and changed names to 441 Tactical Fighter Squadron. They disbanded at Baden-Soellingen in March 1986 and reformed at CFB Cold Lake on 26 June 1986.
441 has flown the following Aircraft:
- Supermarine Spitfire
- North American P-51 Mustang
- de Havilland Vampire
- Canadair (North American) F-86 Sabre
- Canadair (Lockheed) CF-104 Starfighter
- McDonnell Douglas CF-18 Hornet
On June 30, 2006 416 Tactical Fighter Squadron and 441 Tactical Fighter Squadron were amalgamated with the newly reformed 409 Tactical Fighter Squadron.