In this Section
443 Maritime Helicopter SquadronMotto:
OUR STING IS DEATH
Argent a hornet affronté proper.
Fortress Europe 1944, France and Germany 1944-1945, Normandy 1944, Arnhem, Rhine
On 8 February 1944, No.127 Fighter Squadron became 443 Fighter Squadron while in England. During the war, the squadron moved between bases in England, France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, where they were disbanded on 21 March 1946. 443 reformed on 15 September 1951 at RCAF Station Sea Island, Vancouver, adopting the name "City of New Westminster." They disbanded there on 30 June 1964. The squadron reactivated at CFB Shearwater on 25 October 1974 as 443 Anti-Submarine Warfare Helicopter Squadron. They moved to Pat Bay (Victoria International Airport) in the late 80's where they remain today, and, on 31 January 1995, changed their name to 443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron. They are equipped with the CH-124 Sea King.
443 has flown these Aircraft:
- Supermarine Spitfire
- North American Harvard
- North American P-51 Mustang
- de Havilland Vampire
- Beech CT-128 (C-45) Expeditor
- Canadair (Lockheed) CT-33 Silver Star
- Canadair (North American) F-86 Sabre
- de Havilland CC-123 (DHC-3) Otter
- Sikorsky CH-124 Sea King